Saturday, January 23, 2010

Korean lunch

Last week I bought some Kimchi from H-Mart, one of the local Asian food stores, and some Spam and today I thought I'd go Korean for lunch. I made something I found online called Kim-chi Bo-kum-bop (Kimchi Fried Rice)

From Cooking Jan 10


From Cooking Jan 10


So I simply made some plain rice, fried some onion, garlic, (low sodium) soy sauce and spam in a pan. Then I threw in half a cup of Kimchi and the rice and that was it. Actually since Jamie (7) was going to have this too, I put his out before stirring the Kimchi in, so he could try it seperately first. (His conclusion, it's spicy but I like it).

From Cooking Jan 10



Then I stuck fried eggs on top. This is a delicious lunch!

From Cooking Jan 10


Possibly could be improved with some sesame seeds or I could have fried in a nutty oil instead of olive oil.

No comments: