Monday, January 11, 2010

Technology fail

No Technology in Brighton



I was looking for a book on Vancouver Public Library's online search, and it wouldn't find it by title, so it popped up a window saying do you want to use online help. I've seen it before, so I figured I'd try it out. Since this was a brave thing to do I have highlighted what I say in bold. The online librarian book finding expert is in regular text... (I've changed the name to protect the innocent).

Hi, I'm looking for the greatest show on earth by richard dawkins
Librarian 'Caroline @ AskAway' has joined the session.
Hello and welcome to AskAway. I'm just reading your question...
the book?
Yeah
Is Vancouver your closest library?
Yeah central branch
Just call them or go in.
Ok
Anything else I can help you with?

(thinks: what do you mean else?)


No comments: